Eight communities will benefit from the Clean Water Wastewater Fund
(KENORA) May 24, 2017 – The Hon. Bob Nault, Member of Parliament for the Kenora Riding, is happy to see that the federal government is investing more than $2.1 million in the riding for local infrastructure that ensures residents have access to modern, reliable water and wastewater services that meet their needs.
Eight communities in the Kenora riding have been approved for funding, alongside 77 other communities in Ontario, for the Clean Water and Waste Water Fund. The federal government is providing up to 50 per cent of funding, for a total federal contribution of more than $2.1 million in the riding. The province and municipalities will split the remaining 50 per cent, bringing the total clean water and wastewater investment in the eight communities to more than $4.2 million.
“Having clean drinking water as well as reliable wastewater services is essential in any community across Canada. Through this partnership between the federal and provincial government, we are able to help municipalities do the necessary work to ensure their residents have access to those services. This investment will be a tremendous benefit for these communities now, and for years to come,” stated Nault.
This investment is part of an agreement between Canada and Ontario for the Clean Water and Wastewater Fund.
Approved projects in the Kenora Riding include:
|Community||Federal Contribution||Number of Projects|
Please see attached backgrounder to learn more about the work being done in each community.
- The Government of Canada will provide more than $180 billion in infrastructure funding over 12 years for public transit, green infrastructure, social infrastructure, transportation that supports trade, and Canada’s rural and northern communities.
- Budget 2017 proposes $21.9 billion for investments for green infrastructure. This amount includes $5 billion that will be available for investment through the Canada Infrastructure Bank.
- Since 2004, the Government of Ontario has committed more than $3.7 billion to municipalities across the province through the provincial gas tax program. This funding supports municipal transit systems.
- The Government of Ontario is making the largest infrastructure investment in hospitals, schools, public transit, roads and bridges in the province’s history. To learn more about what’s happening in your community, go to Ontario.ca/BuildON.
- Government of Canada’s $180-billion+ infrastructure plan in Budget 2017
- Federal infrastructure investments in Ontario
- The Clean Water and Wastewater Fund
- Building Ontario – Infrastructure Plan
To request an interview with Bob Nault please contact the offices below: